Handcraft Dolphin Mosaic Set by Seiji Nakane
Weight: 13 lbs
Lead Time 2-3 business days + shipping
On Qualified Quantities.
|Expect variation in color and size between field and trims.|
Sold as a set: 2 Dolphins - Large 60 x 22 and Small: 34 x 14
Limited to a worldwide sales of only 500 sets, these exceptional and rare handcrafted Dolphin Mosaics will truly enhance the uniqueness and ambience of your design.
Every set is signed by Japanese ceramic artist “Seiji Nakane” and no two sets are exactly alike.
Suitable for under water applications.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Pool Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface,
free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof.
See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using.
Inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.
For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- White latex modified thin-set such as Mapei Ultraflex IIis recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Here are some general guidelines:
- Small Mosaic Tiles - 3/16" x 5/32" V notch or 1/4" x 1/4" Square notch trowel.
- 6 to 12 Tiles - 1/4 x 3/8 Square notch trowel.
- 12 and larger - 1/2 x 1/2 Square or U notch trowel.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- We recommend Aqua Mix Grout Haze Cleanup for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout for joints less than 1/8" Sanded Grout is recommended for joints wider than 1/8"
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting. We suggest ordering a Dia-Pad Kit.
Write a review | No reviews for this product.