Continental Subway 1/2" x 6" SBN Trim
Weight: 0.04 lbs
Lead Time 2-3 business days + shipping
On Qualified Quantities.
|Expect variation in color and size between field and trims.|
25 pcs per box|
This is a porcelain tile which is the only type that is recommended for pools, spas or water features. The difference between porcelain and other tiles is really one of quality rather than type. The clay used for porcelain tiles is simply purer and more refined, making them tougher, denser and more impervious to water. With a water absorption rate of less than 0.5%, porcelain tiles are less liable to stain and are usually more frost-resistant.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Pool Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface,
free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof.
See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using.
Inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.
For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- White latex modified thin-set such as Mapei Ultraflex IIis recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Here are some general guidelines:
- Small Mosaic Tiles - 3/16" x 5/32" V notch or 1/4" x 1/4" Square notch trowel.
- 6 to 12 Tiles - 1/4 x 3/8 Square notch trowel.
- 12 and larger - 1/2 x 1/2 Square or U notch trowel.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- We recommend Aqua Mix Grout Haze Cleanup for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout for joints less than 1/8" Sanded Grout is recommended for joints wider than 1/8"
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting. We suggest ordering a Dia-Pad Kit.
Write a review | No reviews for this product.