Cats Eye PF-05 Slate Blue
Weight: 2.15 lbs
Cat's Eye tile
|With its distinctive Cat's Eye shaped tiles, the Cepac Tile Cat's Eye porcelain Mesh-Mounted Mosaic Tile provides a touch of elegant, old-world style for your contemporary or retro indoor or outdoor walls and floors. This mosaic incorporates strong mesh backing material to promote easy installation and is constructed with durable porcelain tiles and features an impervious water absorption rating, a glazed, smooth finish and a uniform appearance in tone.|
|Expect variation in color and size between field and trims. |
Suitable for under water applications.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Pool Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface,
free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof.
See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using.
Inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.
For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- White latex modified thin-set such as Mapei Ultraflex IIis recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Here are some general guidelines:
- Small Mosaic Tiles - 3/16" x 5/32" V notch or 1/4" x 1/4" Square notch trowel.
- 6 to 12 Tiles - 1/4 x 3/8 Square notch trowel.
- 12 and larger - 1/2 x 1/2 Square or U notch trowel.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- We recommend Aqua Mix Grout Haze Cleanup for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout for joints less than 1/8" Sanded Grout is recommended for joints wider than 1/8"
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting. We suggest ordering a Dia-Pad Kit.
Write a review | No reviews for this product.